Agenda posted before 5:00 PM, October 26, 2017
Metropolitan Planning Organization Meeting
Conference Rooms 2 and 3, 10 Park Plaza, Boston, MA
November 2, 2017, 10:00 AM
(Estimated duration: 2 hours, expected ending at 12:00 PM)
1. Introductions, 2 minutes
2. Public Comments, 8 minutes
3. Chair’s Report, 5 minutes
4. Committee Chairs’ Reports, 1 minute
5. Regional Transportation Advisory Council Report, 2 minutes
6. Executive Director’s Report, 5 minutes
7. Update on MPO Elections for Municipal Representation, Paul Regan, MBTA Advisory Board, and Eric Bourassa, MAPC: report on the election results for four municipal seats to serve on the MPO board for a three-year term; 5 minutes
8. Action Item: Annual Vice-Chair Election, David Mohler, Chair: nomination and vote to approve; 5 minutes
9. Action Item: Approval of October 5, 2017, MPO Meeting Minutes, 2 minutes (to be posted)
10. MPO Staff-Generated Research Topics, Karl Quackenbush, Executive Director, and Sandy Johnston, Betsy Harvey, and Steven Andrews, MPO Staff; presentations on Long-Distance Commuting, Spatial Distribution of Crashes, and Service Planning R-based Omnibus Urban Transit Explorer by the respective staff members; 30 mins.
11. Even Headways along the Trunk Sections of the MBTA Bus Network, Steven Andrews, MPO Staff: presentation of the review of irregular headways in trunk sections of the MBTA’s bus network in order to explore opportunities to improve passenger wait times; 20 minutes (posted)
12. MassDOT’s Geographic Information System (GIS) Project Intake Tool (MaPIT), Quinn Molloy, MassDOT: overview of a new web-based application designed to help both state and municipal proponents map, create, and initiate roadway projects; 30 minutes
13. Members’ Items, reports and notices by MPO members, including regional concerns and local community issues; 5 minutes
Meeting locations are accessible to people with disabilities and are near public transportation. Upon request (preferably two weeks in advance of the meeting), every effort will be made to provide accommodations such as assistive listening devices, materials in accessible formats and in languages other than English, and interpreters in American Sign Language and other languages. Please contact the MPO staff at 857.702.3700 (voice), 617.570.9193 (TTY), 617.570.9192 (fax), or email@example.com.
The MPO complies with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other federal and state nondiscrimination statutes and regulations in all programs and activities. The MPO does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, English proficiency, income, religious creed, ancestry, disability, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or military service. Any person who believes herself/himself or any specific class of persons to have been subjected to discrimination prohibited by Title VI, ADA, or other nondiscrimination statute or regulation may, herself/himself or via a representative, file a written complaint with the MPO. Complaints filed under federal law (race, color, national origin, language, gender, age, disability, or income) must be filed no later than 180 calendar days after the date the person believes the discrimination occurred. Complaints filed under Massachusetts General Law (religion, military service, ancestry, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression) must be filed no later than 300 calendar days after the date the person believes the discrimination occurred. A complaint form and additional information can be obtained by contacting the MPO (see above) or at www.bostonmpo.org.
Posted materials are available via the MPO’s meeting calendar webpage at ctps.org/calendar/month.