Agenda posted before 4:00 PM May 21, 2020
Metropolitan Planning Organization Meeting
Zoom Video Conferencing Platform: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/262138698
May 28, 2020, 10:00 AM (Estimated duration: Approximately 2 hours, 10 minutes, expected ending at 12:10 PM)
Please note: This meeting will be preceded by a meeting of the Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP) Committee beginning at 9:00 AM.
Civil Rights, nondiscrimination, and accessibility information is on page 3.
1. Introductions, 10 minutes
2. Chairs Report, 2 minutes
3. Executive Directors Report, 5 minutes
4. Public Comments, 20 minutes
5. Committee Chairs Reports, 2 minutes
6. Regional Transportation Advisory Council Report, 2 minutes
7. Action Item: Approval of April 30, 2020, MPO Meeting Minutes, 1 minute (posted)
8. Action Item: Work Scope, Route 1 Dedham Corridor Study, Mark Abbott, MPO Staff: This corridor study will evaluate Route 1 in Dedham to address regional multimodal transportation and safety needs for existing development, future development, and redevelopment adjacent to the corridor, 5 minutes (posted)
9. Action Item: Federal Fiscal Years (FFYs) 202024 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Transit Amendment Four, Matt Genova, MPO Staff: Presentation of public comments, discussion, and anticipated vote to endorse Amendment Four to the FFYs 202024 TIP, 15 minutes (posted)
10. Action Item: FFYs 202125 TIP, Matt Genova, MPO Staff: Presentation of public comments, discussion, and anticipated vote to endorse the FFYs 202125 TIP, 30 minutes (posted)
11. Action Item: FFY 2021 Unified Planning Work Progam (UPWP), Sandy Johnston, MPO Staff: Presentation of public comments, discussion, and anticipated vote to release the Draft FFY 2021 UPWP for a 30-day public review period, 10 minutes (to be posted)
12. Scenario Planning Discussion, Marty Milkovits, MPO Staff: Discussion about the current work to explore potential scenarios and assess modeling tools to support Long-Range Transportation Plan scenario planning, 20 minutes
13. Members Items, Reports and notices by MPO members, including regional concerns and local community issues, 5 minutes
Meeting materials are posted on the MPOs meeting calendar webpage at ctps.org/calendar/month.
Times reflect the expected duration of each item and do not constitute a schedule.
Meeting locations are accessible to people with disabilities and are near public transportation. Upon request (preferably two weeks in advance of the meeting), every effort will be made to provide accommodations such as assistive listening devices, materials in accessible formats and in languages other than English, and interpreters in American Sign Language and other languages. Please contact the MPO staff at 857.702.3700 (voice), 617.570.9193 (TTY), 617.570.9192 (fax), or email@example.com.
The Boston Region Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) operates its programs, services, and activities in compliance with federal nondiscrimination laws including Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987, and related statutes and regulations. Title VI prohibits discrimination in federally assisted programs and requires that no person in the United States of America shall, on the grounds of race, color, or national origin (including limited English proficiency), be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity that receives federal assistance. Related federal nondiscrimination laws administered by the Federal Highway Administration, Federal Transit Administration, or both, prohibit discrimination on the basis of age, sex, and disability. The Boston Region MPO considers these protected populations in its Title VI Programs, consistent with federal interpretation and administration. In addition, the Boston Region MPO provides meaningful access to its programs, services, and activities to individuals with limited English proficiency, in compliance with U.S. Department of Transportation policy and guidance on federal Executive Order 13166.
The Boston Region MPO also complies with the Massachusetts Public Accommodation Law, M.G.L. c 272 sections 92a, 98, 98a, which prohibits making any distinction, discrimination, or restriction in admission to, or treatment in a place of public accommodation based on race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or ancestry. Likewise, the Boston Region MPO complies with the Governor's Executive Order 526, section 4, which requires that all programs, activities, and services provided, performed, licensed, chartered, funded, regulated, or contracted for by the state shall be conducted without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, disability, veteran's status (including Vietnam-era veterans), or background.
A complaint form and additional information can be obtained by contacting the MPO or at http://www.bostonmpo.org/mpo_non_discrimination. To request this information in a different language or in an accessible format, please contact
Title VI Specialist, Boston Region MPO, 10 Park Plaza, Suite 2150, Boston, MA 02116, firstname.lastname@example.org, 857.702.3700 (voice), 617.570.9193 (TTY)