NOTE: If you require any accommodations to participate in this meeting or experience technical difficulties during the meeting, please contact Rσisνn Foley, MPO Staff, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 857.702.3704.
Agenda posted before 5:00 PM, November 9, 2020
Boston Region Metropolitan Planning Organization
Pilot Transit Working Group Meeting
Zoom Video Conferencing Platform
November 12, 2020, 2:30 PM (Estimated duration: 2 hours, expected ending at 4:30 PM)
Civil Rights, nondiscrimination, and accessibility information is on page 2.
1. Welcome and Meeting Guidelines, Tegin Teich, MPO Executive Director, and Michelle Scott, MPO staff, 10 minutes
2. MPO Transit Activities Update, Sandy Johnston, Michelle Scott, and Paul Christner, MPO Staff: Information about the MPOs Community Connections funding program and its Regional Transit Service Planning Technical Support program, and other transit-related MPO activities, 20 minutes
3. Taxi/Livery Transportation Partnerships Grant Program, Marah Holland, Metropolitan Area Planning Council: Information about a grant program for municipal and state agencies, regional transit authorities, health and human service providers, and nonprofit organizations to partner with taxicab, livery, or hackney businesses to fill transportation gaps and meet transportation and delivery needs, 10 minutes
4. Transit Provider Exchange, 20 minutes
5. MBTA Forging Ahead Plan and Service Options, Laurel Paget-Seekins, MBTA: Presentation of the MBTAs Forging Ahead planning process and proposed service options to be implemented in the spring and summer 2021, 45 minutes
6. General Public Comments, 10 minutes
7. Closing and Next Steps, 5 minutes
Meeting materials are posted on the MPOs meeting calendar webpage at ctps.org/calendar/month.
Times reflect the expected duration of each item and do not constitute a schedule.
Meeting locations are accessible to people with disabilities and are near public transportation. Upon request (preferably two weeks in advance of the meeting), every effort will be made to provide accommodations such as assistive listening devices, materials in accessible formats and in languages other than English, and interpreters in American Sign Language and other languages. Please contact the MPO staff at 857.702.3700 (voice), 617.570.9193 (TTY), 617.570.9192 (fax), or email@example.com.
The Boston Region Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) operates its programs, services, and activities in compliance with federal nondiscrimination laws including Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987, and related statutes and regulations. Title VI prohibits discrimination in federally assisted programs and requires that no person in the United States of America shall, on the grounds of race, color, or national origin (including limited English proficiency), be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity that receives federal assistance. Related federal nondiscrimination laws administered by the Federal Highway Administration, Federal Transit Administration, or both, prohibit discrimination on the basis of age, sex, and disability. The Boston Region MPO considers these protected populations in its Title VI Programs, consistent with federal interpretation and administration. In addition, the Boston Region MPO provides meaningful access to its programs, services, and activities to individuals with limited English proficiency, in compliance with U.S. Department of Transportation policy and guidance on federal Executive Order 13166.
The Boston Region MPO also complies with the Massachusetts Public Accommodation Law, M.G.L. c 272 sections 92a, 98, 98a, which prohibits making any distinction, discrimination, or restriction in admission to, or treatment in a place of public accommodation based on race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or ancestry. Likewise, the Boston Region MPO complies with the Governor's Executive Order 526, section 4, which requires that all programs, activities, and services provided, performed, licensed, chartered, funded, regulated, or contracted for by the state shall be conducted without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, disability, veteran's status (including Vietnam-era veterans), or background.
A complaint form and additional information can be obtained by contacting the MPO or at http://www.bostonmpo.org/mpo_non_discrimination. To request this information in a different language or in an accessible format, please contact
Title VI Specialist, Boston Region MPO, 10 Park Plaza, Suite 2150, Boston, MA 02116, firstname.lastname@example.org, 857.702.3700 (voice), 617.570.9193 (TTY)