Agenda posted before 7:00 PM, April 21, 2022
Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP) Committee Meeting
Zoom videoconferencing platform link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82123974336
April 28, 2022, 9:00 AM (Estimated duration: 1 hour, expected ending at 10:00 AM)
Civil Rights, nondiscrimination, and accessibility information is on page 2.
Please note: This meeting will be followed by a meeting of the Boston Region Metropolitan Planning Organization beginning at approximately 10:00 AM.
2. Public Comments
3. Action Item: Summary of November 18, 2021, meeting, Srilekha Murthy, MPO Staff: Approval of this meeting summary (posted)
4. Action Item: Summary of March 3, 2022, meeting, Srilekha Murthy, MPO Staff: Approval of this meeting summary (to be posted)
5. Action Item: Summary of March 31, 2022, meeting, Srilekha Murthy, MPO Staff: Approval of this meeting summary (to be posted)
6. Discussion: Universe of Proposed Studies for Federal Fiscal Year 2023, Srilekha Murthy and Sandy Johnston, MPO Staff. Discussing the Universe of Proposed Studies, the general themes of this years studies, and asking for member input (to be posted)
7. Members Items: Reports and notices by MPO members, including regional concerns and local community issues
8. Next Meeting: The next meeting will be held on May 5, 2022, to continue the discussion of the Universe.
Meeting locations are accessible to people with disabilities and are near public transportation. Upon request (preferably two weeks in advance of the meeting), every effort will be made to provide accommodations such as assistive listening devices, materials in accessible formats and in languages other than English, and interpreters in American Sign Language and other languages. Please contact MPO staff to request these services. See below for contact information.
The Boston Region Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) operates its programs, services, and activities in compliance with federal nondiscrimination laws including Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987, and related statutes and regulations. Title VI prohibits discrimination in federally assisted programs and requires that no person in the United States of America shall, on the grounds of race, color, or national origin (including limited English proficiency), be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity that receives federal assistance. Related federal nondiscrimination laws administered by the Federal Highway Administration, Federal Transit Administration, or both, prohibit discrimination on the basis of age, sex, and disability. The Boston Region MPO considers these protected populations in its Title VI Programs, consistent with federal interpretation and administration. In addition, the Boston Region MPO provides meaningful access to its programs, services, and activities to individuals with limited English proficiency, in compliance with U.S. Department of Transportation policy and guidance on federal Executive Order 13166.
The Boston Region MPO also complies with the Massachusetts Public Accommodation Law, M.G.L. c 272 sections 92a, 98, 98a, which prohibits making any distinction, discrimination, or restriction in admission to, or treatment in a place of public accommodation based on race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or ancestry. Likewise, the Boston Region MPO complies with the Governor's Executive Order 526, section 4, which requires that all programs, activities, and services provided, performed, licensed, chartered, funded, regulated, or contracted for by the state shall be conducted without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, disability, veteran's status (including Vietnam-era veterans), or background.
A complaint form and additional information can be obtained by contacting the MPO or at http://www.bostonmpo.org/mpo_non_discrimination. To request this information in a different language or in an accessible format, please contact
Title VI Specialist, Boston
Region MPO, 10 Park Plaza, Suite 2150, Boston, MA 02116
For people with hearing or speaking difficulties, connect through the state MassRelay service:
· Relay Using TTY or Hearing Carry-over: 800.439.2370
· Relay Using Voice Carry-over: 866.887.6619
· Relay Using Text to Speech: 866.645.9870
For more information, including numbers for Spanish speakers, visit https://www.mass.gov/massrelay
Posted materials are available via the MPOs meeting calendar webpage at ctps.org/calendar/month.