Home » Our Work
Each federal fiscal year, the MPO produces the Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP). This document programs studies and research projects that provide transportation planning and technical assistance to municipalities and agencies in the region. These studies focus on all modes of travel, with the goal of creating communities that are safe, accessible, more walkable, bikeable, and resilient.
The UPWP work undertaken by MPO staff fulfills a number of functions:
- Supports the MPO’s collaborative public decision-making process
- Gathers data about the transportation system
- Identifies needs of transportation system users to enhance the Long-Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) Needs Assessment
- Develops project concepts for improving the transportation system—along roadway corridors, at intersections, on bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and on transit routes
- Looks ahead to help the MPO anticipate trends that are shaping the transportation industry; and to understand the relationship between transportation and other matters
MPO staff is now collecting ideas for the next UPWP. Visit the UPWP Development Page to follow this year’s process and access all relevant documents, dates, and information regarding development of the FFY 2019 UPWP.
See below for the current (FFY 2018) UPWP and past documents.
On June 15, 2017, the MPO board voted to endorse the FFY 2018 Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP) (pdf) (html) The FFY 2018 UPWP was approved by our federal partners and took effect on October 1, 2017.