This report documents the Congestion Management Process (CMP) of the Boston Region Metropolitan Planning Organization. The CMP report depicts an objectives-driven, performance-based approach that consists of eight steps, each of which is illustrated as a respective chapter, as listed below. The report outlines congestion monitoring results for limited-access highways (including high-occupancy-vehicle lanes), arterial roadways, public transit (commuter rail, rapid transit, bus, and commuter boat), pedestrian facilities, bicycle facilities, and intermodal facilities (such as park-and-ride lots and bicycle parking facilities).
- Develop Regional Objectives (PDF) (HTML)
- Define the CMP Network (PDF) (HTML)
- Develop Multimodal Performance Measures (PDF) (HTML)
- Collect Data and Monitor System Performance (PDF) (HTML)
- Analyze Congestion Problems and Needs (PDF) (HTML)
- Identify and Assess Strategies (PDF) (HTML)
- Program and Implement Strategies (PDF) (HTML)
- Evaluate Strategy Effectiveness (PDF) (HTML)
For more information, please contact Ryan Hicks, MPO Staff, at 857.702.3661 or email@example.com.