Home » Our Work
The Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP) is a one-year budget and planning document that lists the research projects, technical assistance, and other activities the Boston Region Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) staff will undertake over the next federal fiscal year (FFY). These projects provide insight and recommendations to our municipal and regional partners, generate new data, and help shape concepts for the region’s transportation future.
- What is the UPWP?
- ¿QUÉ ES EL PROGRAMA DE TRABAJO DE PLANIFICACIÓN UNIFICADA (UPWP, POR SUS SIGLAS EN INGLÉS)? (2020) (PDF) (HTML)
- O QUE É O PROGRAMA DE TRABALHO DE PLANEJAMENTO UNIFICADO? (2020) (PDF) (HTML)
- KISA PWOGRAM TRAVAY PLANIFIKASYON INIFYE A (UNIFIED PLANNING WORK PROGRAM, UPWP) YE? (2020) (PDF) (HTML)
- 什麼是統一規劃工作計劃（UPWP)？(2020) (PDF) (HTML)
- 什么是“统一规划工作计划”(UPWP)？(2020) (PDF) (HTML)
- Recent UPWP Study Reports
- The Current UPWP: FFY 2022
- Developing the New UPWP: FFY 2023
October 21, 2021–November 10, 2021: FFY 2022 UPWP Amendment One Public Comment Period
At the MPO meeting on October 21, 2021, the board voted to release draft Amendment One (PDF) (HTML) to the FFY 2022 UPWP for a 21-day public review period. Amendment One extends some unused FFY 2021 funds into the new fiscal year to be used for professional development and direct costs. The amendment also makes a number of minor corrections to the UPWP document and inserts project ID numbers for tasks where they had not been identified before endorsement. For more information, refer to the Draft Amendment One.
The 21-day public comment period for UPWP Amendment One begins October 21, 2021, and extends until 5:00 PM on November 10, 2021. The MPO is expected to vote to approve Amendment One on November 18, 2021. Questions and comments may be submitted to Sandy Johnston, UPWP Manager, at email@example.com, or 857.702.3710, or via our feedback form.
On August 19, 2021, the MPO board voted to endorse the FFY 2022 UPWP (PDF) (HTML). The UPWP includes a list of studies MPO staff will conduct over the next year. The FFY 2022 UPWP was approved by the MPO’s federal partners and took effect on October 1, 2021.
View older UPWP documents and previous studies considered for funding by the MPO in the archive.