Home » About Us » Boston Region MPO
Each fall, four of the 12 elected municipal members of the Boston Region Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) are chosen by the chief elected officials of the municipalities in the region to serve a three-year term. The chief elected official (or the official designee) represents the elected municipality throughout the municipality’s three-year term of office. The Metropolitan Area Planning Council (MAPC) and the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (or MBTA) Advisory Board jointly administer the elections.
The following seats are up for election in the fall of 2022:
- One (1) municipality from the Inner Core Committee (ICC) subregion
- One (1) municipality from the MetroWest Regional Collaborative (MetroWest) subregion
- One (1) municipality from the Minuteman Advisory Group on Interlocal Coordination (MAGIC) sub-region
- One (1) municipality from the South Shore Coalition (SSC) sub-region
To learn more about the MPO elections process, review Election Procedures and MPO Member Responsibilities (PDF) Election Procedures and MPO Member Responsibilities (HTML). Nominations may be placed by a chief executive officer from municipalities in the subregion with the open seat. Nominations are now open and will close on October 3, 2022. The election will be held through the submission of ballots electronically to MAPC. Electronic ballots will be emailed from MAPC to the chief executive officer of each municipality in the subregions with open seats. A forthcoming correspondence will explain the ballot submittal process in more detail and provide the deadline. Results will be announced at the MAPC Fall Council Meeting, tentatively scheduled for October 26, 2022.
Request a Ballot
Eric Bourassa, MAPC
- Election Procedures and MPO Member Responsibilities (PDF) Election Procedures and MPO Member Responsibilities (HTML)
- Nomination Form
Eric Bourassa, MAPC