Home » About Us
The Regional Transportation Advisory Council (Advisory Council) is an independent body that brings public viewpoints and advice on transportation planning to the Boston Region MPO. Its membership (PDF) (HTML) includes municipalities, professional organizations, transportation advocacy groups, neighboring MPOs, and state agencies.
The Advisory Council’s monthly meetings offer a forum for broad-based and robust discussions of transportation issues. Because the Advisory Council is a voting member of the MPO, it represents another avenue for public participation in the MPO’s planning process.
The Advisory Council usually meets the second Wednesday of each month at 3:00 PM at the State Transportation Building, located at 10 Park Plaza, Boston. All meetings are open to the public and are fully accessible. Please visit the MPO's calendar for agendas, minutes, presentations, and other meeting-related documents.
Bylaws and Structure
Please see the Advisory Council’s bylaws (PDF) (HTML) for more information on the Advisory Council’s structure. Standing and ad hoc committees (PDF) (HTML) help the Advisory Council study transportation issues and develop its comment letters.
The Advisory Council reviews and comments on each MPO Long-Range Transportation Plan, Unified Planning Work Program, and Transportation Improvement Program, and will weigh in on specific issues and projects from time to time. Below is a record of recent Advisory Council comment letters.
- 2018 TIP Comment Letter (PDF) (HTML)
- 2018 UPWP Comment Letter (PDF) (HTML)
- 2017 TIP Comment Letter (PDF) (HTML)
- 2017 UPWP Comment Letter (PDF) (HTML)
- 2017 Public Participation Plan Amendment Comment Letter (PDF) (HTML)
- 2016 TIP Comment Letter (PDF) (HTML)
- 2015 LRTP, TIP and UPWP Comment Letter (PDF) (HTML)
- 2014 TIP and UPWP Comment Letter (PDF) (HTML)
- Canton Interchange Comment Letter (PDF) (HTML)
For more information, please contact Matt Archer, MPO staff, at 857.702.3708 or email@example.com.